with Starborsa, you will learn
& Web Design
Blogs have become more and more common in recent years. More people are using WordPress as the first choice in publishing their blogs. WordPress offers so much that it can become overwhelming without a little knowledge on the user’s end.
- Make a plan for your WordPress site before you dive into WordPress. Write down a to-do list for your blog and what you want readers to gain from it. This gives you some direction on what type of you attempting to add things later on.
Look and Feel
- Be sure to make use of Title and Alt. text as you upload images. This will allow you to add some phrases for SEO phrases.
- You can increase your site’s rank by simply taking a few minutes when adding images to your site. Always add in title and alt text tags.
- Make sure that your greeting is appealing for your WordPress home page. This will make your overall site look more personal when trying to relate to the visitor. This will make your site seem more personal.
- Are you over the amount of clutter on WordPress? Turn off a few boxes on your pages. Click this to access a drop-down menu where you turn off any of the boxes.
- Sometimes you may spend a lot of time adjusting your WordPress blog and then mistakenly think some changes have been saved. This most often not true. You may have a full browser cache that is interfering with your browser. Your changes should come up if you simply depress the “shift” key while you refresh the browser.
- Make sure that you learn everything you can prior to installing it. Learn about SEO, content creation, and how to use WordPress to its fullest advantage to ensure you aren’t struggling when you get to work.
- Clean up comments and content on your site. This will help ensure your site remains user friendly. Akismet is a great plugin to filter daily website spam.
- Get rid of special characters in the URLs of your blog posts. They can make it difficult for search engines to “spider” and should be removed. It is also useful to use shorter URLs that contain the necessary keywords.
- You must specify if you do not want your posts to show up in the order published. Change the date if you want to rearrange the posts.
- You can set up an automatic schedule blog posts to appear in WordPress. You can set it up so that they are posted at very specific times. You can do this using the Publish command located on your edit screen. Input the military time, along with the days, months, and years. Check “Schedule For” and then hit “Schedule”.
Plugins and Updates
- Make sure the plugins you use. The WordPress plugins are capable of adding great power to your site. They need to get updated at all times to ensure that you don’t have any trouble.
- Make sure you are always using the latest WordPress on your website. Updates include security fixes that make your page less vulnerable. Using an older version of WordPress opens up your site susceptible to spyware attacks. That is why you should always install updates as soon as they come out.
- Read reviews when searching for them. Keep in mind that plugins can make a plugin. You shouldn’t use plugins with a plugin that has many reported bugs and flaws. A plugin with many downloads and a high rating is usually safe to use.
Hopefully, this article has helped you understand a little bit more about WordPress. It is funny to see the amount of people that use WordPress since many of them do not understand it. The tips in this article can help you go a long way, and keep them in mind next time you start posting on WordPress.